Wednesday, November 17, 2010

.....Fotos?

And I'm back like I never left. Here we go...


My region, La Rioja, is wine region, if you didn't already know. All of the countryside outside of the city of Logrono is made up of vineyards and for the last couple of weeks, the vineyard leaves changed colors just like the trees. The beauty isn't adequately captured in this photograph, because the colors changed so quickly, but jut believe me when I say, it was something to see.



Officially I teach in 5 different schools. One of them is located in Haro, which is pretty well known for their wine. This is one of the main plazas there.


Another view of the plaza.....



This is my school, San Felices de San Bilibio. Definitely one of my favorite schools.

So I haven’t traveled much yet, but best believe those trips are definitely being planned. (Like this weekend...me...Zaragoza...we're gonna make it happen. I know random place, but the hostels I wanted in Madrid and Bilbao were booked this weekend, so I looked at the map annnd the rest is history, but I digress). However, I did go on a short trip to a city a bit more north from me, on the coast, called Donostia-San Sebastián, or San Sebastián for short.


Ummmm, I fell in love with San Sebastian. Granted, I’m biased, because I love any city by the sea, and I’m sure I will fall in love with almost every city I visit, but San Sebastian really is beautiful. So prepare yourself for photos of the sea and such.


Besides the great beach and the sea, San Sebastian also had the greatest aquarium that I've seen in awhile...Actually, I can't even remember the last time I've visited one. Up top is the under belly of a stingray. How cute is that? Ha.


Of course, I had to get Nemo and all his friends.


When I took this picture, I felt like I was in Scotland or something. Does anyone else get that vibe? Could be just me....






I forget what this building was, but it was pretty legit. Also, other Spanish people were taking pictures of it. When in Rome…


I'm saying though...how could you not fall in love with a city with views like this? C'mon son...c'mon.


Here I go...


 I did my best to take a panorama of the view, from the top of this mountain we climbed. Clearly, I love San Sebastian.
And those are the best of the best of my pics right now. We'll see what this weekend brings. I'm praying for sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Pleasee complain no more about how you thought Spain was going to be beautiful.

    And I had no idea stingrays looked like that under their tummies. It's kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha...on facebook, I'll put up more aquarium pics...or maybe not.

    I thought the stingray belly was cute!

    ReplyDelete