Sunday, November 21, 2010

And I'm back!

Zaragoza was beautiful. All in all, I would dub this past weekend a success.

Highlight reel:
  • Being in a city-city again. Logrono qualifies as a city, but it has a town vibe. Whenever I talk about Logrono to my friends, I always say “my town.” It’s to the point that one of my friends asked me about dirt roads. Girl, what?! I live in a city! Everything is paved here, there’s a bus system, and a sizable population, but it’s just the atmosphereof Logrono and when comparing it to NYC, I don’t know, I just get “town.” But walking down the streets of Zaragoza and feeling the people move around me, I just felt “city” again. And it made me very happy.
  • The graffitti. Creative and witty. I don’t see that so often anymore. I’ll be posting pictures.
  • The architecture and layout of the city. It wasn’t a grid system (which by the way, is my favorite type of city layout), but it was still very easy to navigate. I did a walk-through with a guide and afterwards, I found my way around quite easily, without a map. I love that! I hate being the obvious tourist, walking around with head down, map in hand. Yuck.
  • I GOT TO SEE HARRY POTTER…..IN ENGLISH!I’m almost ashamed at how happy I am about this, but I had given up on seeing any movies in Spain, in English. Spain is one of the few countries in Europe that dubs the movies. Usually the movies have the original language and then subtitles in the country’s language. Normally I wouldn’t care, but have you ever watched the Fresh Prince of Bel Air in Spanish? It’s not funny. The timing of the jokes are off and the wording and humor is completely different. I can’t see a movie with those changes! Plus, my spanish is good, but not THAT good. So, I was extremely pleased to see that Harry Potter in the original language was offered…at a discount no less! Blisss!
  • This was a cheap trip! I could’ve saved even more if I didn’t eat so much, but I love food and that’s just what it is.
Now, I have to plan a lesson for school tomorrow.

Bleh. I wish the weekend could last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment