Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fotos, fotos and more fotos...



This is the Fuente de Hierro (Iron bridge), one of four bridges that passes over the Rio Ebro, which borders the city of Logrono, where I live. I run by the three bridges when I go on my runs here, and it’s always beautiful…even on a cloudy day.



This is the Puente de piedra (stone bridge). I don’t have pictures of the other two bridges, although I really want one of the newest one, which looks really cool at night. But, it’s kinda far, so we’ll see how that goes.


This is further down from the other bridges. I don’t really know if it’s something special, it just looked pretty to me.


This is Plaza Espolon, one of the main plazas in Logrono. Once you pass this plaza, you enter into the older part of the city.


Close up of the statue in Plaza Espolon. Definitely my favorite fountain in Logrono. (That’s saying a lot, because they have fountains everywhere here.)

Cathedral further down from the main plaza. There are a couple of them in town, but I think this is a favorite, because I always see Spanish people taking pictures of it. I decided to follow their lead.

My landlady’s husband decided to bring us this big carton of grapes. They look like the grapes used to make wine, which La Rioja is known for. Ummmm, I hate my landlady, so I threw the grapes away after this picture. They stank.

2 comments:

  1. there's so many things i love about this! 1)your view in spain spanks Korea with a stick. sigh
    2)we have grapes just like that here!! i saw those and felt so bad for you haha! jk jk
    3)i love that you threw said grapes away!! i would expect no less
    4)is that your roomies arm?? como fue that convo btw?
    5)you run every morning? you are my hero! i walk up 5 flights of stairs everyday for school n darn near pass out...everyday!

    love the fotos, makes me want to get around to taking some (i prob wont) but i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm always here to entertain! Did you know I didn't even try those grapes? S-M-H. I would feel bad, but the landlady tries to play me on a regular, so naaaah.

    As for that running, not every morning. Please, it's so dark here! I'll run when I come back from school, or if I have a break, usually every other day. Gotta keep this bread off so I can still fit in my clothes. I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete